If you’ve been reading Household Mag. the last couple months you know I’ve been doing my best to remove gluten from my diet entirely. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal, but nearly every breakfast restaurant I adore has a menu full of bread, cakes and grains. It makes going out incredibly discouraging so I’ve been leaning more toward cooking breakfast at home these days. These healthy, gluten-free sweet potato breakfast fries made with Brummel & Brown Organic Spread did not disappoint.
Made with wholesome Organic yogurt, Brummel and Brown has less than half the saturated fat as butter and can be used for both baking, cooking and in this case, roasting! I know how hard it can be to find products that you feel good about feeding to your family – but this spread has found a permanent home in my fridge and in my everyday cooking rotation. Snag the recipe below!
- 5 slices thick bacon, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons Brummel & Brown Organic Spread
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook your bacon slices until they’re crisp. Chop and set aside. Keep your grease in your skillet.
- Combine all spices in a bowl: garlic powder, onion powder, salt, smoked paprika, cumin seeds, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- In the same skillet you cooked your bacon in, melt 2 tablespoons of your Brummel & Brown Organic Spread over medium heat.
- Add diced sweet potatoes and cook until they start to soften. Add in your spices and mix.
- While your potatoes are cooking slice your avocado and green onions.
- When your sweet potatoes are almost done cook your eggs. For this particular recipe I choose to fry them – use your additional 2 tablespoons of Brummel & Brown Organic Spread to do so.
- When your eggs are finished add everything into your skillet for the perfect breakfast for two or plate individually. Enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Brummel & Brown.