1. This week’s mantra: “Perfectionism is a self destructive and addictive belief system that fuels this primary thought: If I look perfect, and do everything perfectly, I can avoid or minimize the painful feelings of shame, judgment, and blame.” ― Brené Brown
2. I have to share it just one more time after getting so many messages from other parents who related. Make sure to read On Having an Only Child on Cup of Jo.
3. Have you guys been watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? We watched a few episodes last weekend and cannot wait to binge over the next couple days.
4. Did anyone else read this article about Instagram allowing businesses to automatically post? Not entirely sure how to feel about it and what it has the potential to do to this online community and how we interact.
5. What are your super bowl plans? I couldn’t care less about the game, but I’ll be skipping out on my diet and eating all the treats from my best bud so I’m really looking forward to it. Follow along with her if you aren’t already!
7. If you have any additional questions about Household, how I got started, the ins and outs of running your own business or anything at all please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below. Amy and I are working on a really exciting ongoing project and I want you guys to be as involved as possible!
8. Are you ready?! Mom and Dad Made a Podcast is coming back NEXT WEEK. We cannot wait to catch you guys up while Zack and I chit chat over a bottle of wine! We’re recording tomorrow so stay tuned.
9. I apologize that things were a little quiet over here on the site this week. We’ve been busy getting our place together, and it it’s actually coming together. Although, I think I might be a crazy plant lady in the making. Where are your favorite places to get planters from?
10. Once we’re a little more settled we’re going to start potty training and once that’s settled, we will eventually be moving Owen into his own bed. So many changes. We’re just trying to pace ourselves and take it slow, but any resources you have for either would be great!
In case you missed it this week on Household:
And started a hashtag so you can follow our home adventures, #householdHOME.
Photo by Amy Frances.