EHM Group is a China-based company that design and manufacture mainly alkaline water treatment products. Established in 2009, the companies’ main markets are South East Asia and North America.
Besides water pitcher, water ionizer and alkaline water bottle flask are their specialties. It’s a fast-growing company, which aims to provide quality alkaline water for their customers.
EHM Water Filter Pitcher Review
As we know, there are many benefits for drinking alkaline water. However, alkaline water often comes at a higher cost. Some water ionizer machines can be priced up to thousands of dollars which made it unaffordable.
EHM and other companies decided to provide an alternative option for middle-class people to own their very own alkaline water filter.
There is a difference in size for 3 of the pitcher, but the most important ingredient of the pitchers are the filtration cartridge.
How Well Does it Filter?
EHM has 3 different models water pitcher that is alkaline based on the US market right now which uses 2 different filtration cartridges.
There are no details published on how well does the filter work in terms of removing contaminants.
EHM Alkaline Filter Cartridge
The first cartridge is generally used in both the Basic and Original version of the EHM pitcher. The filter is categorized into 7 stages.
- Filter Gauze: The first layer to trap sediments before entering the filtration cartridge.
- Ion Exchange Resin: Releasing negative ions into the water.
- Activated Carbon: Filtering Odor, taste, and chlorine from the source water.
- Far Infrared Ceramic Balls: Acting as an anti-oxidant agent remineralize the water.
- Natural Mineral Stones: Remineralize the water with calcium, magnesium.
- Alkaline Ceramic Mineral Balls: Raise the pH of the water.
- PP Pad: Trap small particles from the filter cartridge leaving the clean water to the system.
The filtration cartridge comes with different colors which you can specify upon check out.
EHM Sureflow Filter Cartridge
The Sureflow cartridge is mainly for the EHM ULTRA premium pitcher. It is faster in flow rate. Although it was advertised as having a 6 stages filter, it only consists of 3 different stages.
- Nano-metal clusters media (Nano-KDF): Remove residual chlorine, heavy metal ions, decreasing the concentration of organic pollutants and eliminate micro-organism growth
- Activated carbon core: Reduce taste and odors from source water.
- Tourmaline ceramic filter Cartridge: Remineralize with negative ions, increasing the pH of the water, and add in beneficial minerals such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, and anti-oxidant.
EHM did not mention on getting their product certified by either NSF or WQA on confirming the capability of the filtration cartridge.
However, most customers agreed that it tasted better from the usual tap water and it did increase the pH compared to the filter.
Capacity and Design
2.5/3.5L Capacity: The Basic version of EHM is capable of getting up to 2.5L of water while the Original and ULTRA Premium version is capable of housing 3.5L of water. However, it can only store up to 2L of filtered water at one time.
PREMIUM DESIGN: EHM claims that their pitchers are built with premium quality and strict quality control in a state of art manufacturing process.
Maintenance and Replacement
In terms of lifespan and replacement, EHM is slightly better than the conventional water pitchers.
It is suggested by EHM to replace the filter cartridge when it reaches 300 liters or 80 gallons of water.
If you are refilling the water twice a day, you will probably need to replace the cartridge every 2-3 months. It is 2 times greater than Brita which only capable of filtering 40 gallons.
Annual Maintenance Cost: $40-$60
What’s Positive and What’s Negative?
The EHM pitcher can be classified as an average water pitcher in filtering contaminants. However, it is an excellent pitcher if you are specifically looking for the alkaline pitcher.
The three reasons below makes it worth buying:
- Great Remineralize Feature: It remineralized the system with natural mineral stones and balls giving a good pH level, anti-oxidant, and healthy minerals in the water.
- Longer Filter Lifespan: It is able to last for twice amount of water as compared to Brita while still providing nice alkaline water.
- Affordability: The cost of a pitcher is 75 times cheaper than a Kangen Ionizer. Everyone can afford to drink alkaline water now.
I would strongly recommend to people to buy this pitcher for remineralization purposes only!