FleckSystems, owned by US Water Systems, Inc., offers residential and commercial water softeners and backwashing water filters that use the Fleck valve.
Fleck has already proven its reliability as it has been the leader in advance control valve technology for over 50 years. It offers different water softeners that use different Fleck valves such as the 5000, 5600, and 9100. All the products of Fleck are made in the US.
Fleck 5600 SXT 48,000 Grain Review
Flexibility Grain Selection: Fleck 5600 sxt water softener is a great product although it has its flaws. Compared to other brands, this brand is more affordable, works effectively, and has a longer warranty period. It is also easy to navigate. Fleck 5600 sxt gives you the ability to choose the Grain capacity of the water softener. It uses a safety float to prevent overfilling.
Long Warranty: Fleck 5600 sxt water softener offers a great value compared to store models and other brands that cost a lot more than this. Fleck has been producing valves for over 50 years that’s why you are assured of a quality product. With a Fleck water softener, you get a 5 year warranty for the valve and a 10 year warranty for the tanks.
Easy Installation: This product is quite easy to install especially since the package comes with a USB drive containing the video that shows the instructions in installing the product although some still needed a little assistance in installing it. It even includes a picture of the install kit.
Regeneration Genius: The digital media will note on the regeneration cycle of each home and readjust itself if water usage has increased.
Here are the technical details that you need to know before purchasing a Fleck 5600 sxt water softener:
- Weight: 20.8 lbs
- Product dimension: 52” x 12” x 12”
- Size: 64,000
- Tank size: 10” x 54”
- Brine tank size: 13” x 33” x 33″
- Maximum capacity: 48,000
- Resin size: 1.5 cubic feet
- Resin volume: 8%
- Flow rate: 12 Gallons per minute.
The Softener Process
There are different stages of filtration system for the Fleck 5600 sxt water softener and the whole process takes one and a half up to two hours:
- Hard water goes into the canister.
- The water pressure and gravity push the hard water through the resin. The volume of the resin determines the number of gallons of water that can go through before the system starts the regeneration process.
- The on-demand metered system measures the water use and regenerates as needed using a flow meter. This process lowers the waste water and reduces the salt used.
- The water comes up and the hard water is now transformed into soft water which is transported from a pipe in the center of the canister to the home piping.
- Once the first regeneration is done, the brine tank gets a measured amount of water in it. Add salt to the brine tank.
Fleck 5600 sxt removes magnesium, calcium, iron, manganese, and sulphur.
Important things to consider before setting up the system:
- Test the water for the hardness levels.
- Estimate your usage of water per day (in gallons).
- There are preset settings but you can change the digital settings easily.
- Find a place to put the tank on and put it upright and level on the surface. Fill in the tank if it is not yet prefilled.
- Install the Fleck 5600sxt meter control valve on top of the tank.
- Shut off the main shut-off valve in your home and drain all the water by opening all the fixtures and faucets at home. Plumb the Fleck 5600sxt meter.
- Make the brine tank connection.
- Make the drain connection.
- Program the valve.
Lifespan and Maintenance
Fleck 5600 sxt can last 25-30 years even if the warranty for the control head is for 5 years and the warranty for both tanks is for 10 years.
Depending on the water usage, hardness of the water, a bag 40lbs of salt is required to be added into the brine tank every 4-6 weeks.
Pros and Cons
The Fleck 5600 SXT water softener is part of the recommended water softener system in the market for the reasons below.
- Value for money: Economical price and costs less than those store models and other brands
- Installation: pretty easy to install and comes with an installation guide
- Warranty and Lifespan: Long warranty and lifespan
- Reviews: Many good reviews from customers
Check out our full list of water softener reviews from this guide.