There are areas around the globe, like in the North West Nicaragua area, which lacks a sufficient supply of drinkable water. Some of the residents still use the standard filtration and distillation process to remove heavy metals and kill some bacteria.
If you are planning to trek or go on vacation in areas like this, you need to have a portable water filter system. This innovative water bottle does both filtration and purification process so you can get clean drinking water from rivers and lakes (except seawater).
Read further on this Seychelle water bottle review so you can better understand the features and benefits.
Seychelle Water Bottle Overview
Seychelle Water Filter Bottle is a revolutionary portable water purifying system carefully made and designed by Seychelle Filtration Technology. This company focuses on creating products and technology geared towards producing potable water from different water sources.
The company claims the Ionic Adsorption Micro Filtration (IAMF) System will remove four main groups of water contaminants.
Seychelle is highly competitive with other brands like Sawyer, Sgodde, Geekpure, and Berkey. The thing which makes it stand out from others include its bottle design, squeezable material, purification efficiency, and lightweight.
What are the key features of this Seychelle Water Bottle? Let’s take a look.
Portable Water Filter
With its compact design, you can easily fit inside the mesh pocket at the side of your backpack. It is lightweight (6.60 ounces), so it will never add a tremendous burden on your bag. Maybe you won’t believe it, but this water filter bottle can effectively purify around 100 gallons of water. It can be an efficient filtering device for remote areas.
If you plan to go camping, trekking, or missionary trips, bringing this bottle with you is the right choice. It prepares you for the worse.
Highly Efficient 0.2-micron Filtration Medium
Seychelle filtration technology is highly reliable when it comes to removing most water contaminants, chemicals, chlorine, and even pathogens. Viruses, bacteria, pathogens, and larger contaminants are efficiently filtered out in a range of 0.01 to 0.5 micron.
Here are the four groups of water contaminants removed by this water bottle filter.
- Biological: These are the harmful bacteria, viruses, and pathogens, which cause water-borne diseases.
- Chemical: These are the hazardous chemical residues present in your water. It includes herbicides, detergents, PCBs, DDT, glyphosate, and more.
- Inorganic: These include heavy metals, asbestos, nitrates, and nitrites.
- Radioactive contaminants: Examples include radium 226, Cesium 137, and more.
This water bottle has a 0.2-micron filter medium, capable of removing up to 99.99% bacteria and pathogens that cause water-borne diseases like amoebiasis.
EPA and FDA Approved Material
This water purification bottle is a good substitute for your regular water bottle. Its body is made from flexible food-grade material, approved by the Food and Drug Agency (FDA) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It has zero traces of BPA, phthalate, and lead.
Because it is squeezable, you would exert less effort in sucking water up from the straw. There is less concern with cracks on the bottle, unlike for those made from a rigid material.
Materials and Filter are Made from the U.S.
Is the water filter reliable? The filters are made in a facility in the United States that has passed the ISO 14000 certification. It makes the water filter of this bottle highly effective and dependable.
Tested in 51 Laboratories
This water filter bottle is tested across 51 different laboratories in the U.S. and across different countries on the capability of removing contaminants.
This reusable Seychelle water filter bottle becomes a trending product because of the issues of clean and drinkable water supply and increasing plastic waste.
Thinking of getting this Seychelle water filter bottle? You can consider this bottle:
- If you love the outdoors activities such as camping, hiking and backpacking. trekking. If you are travelling to a country where water contamination is a serious problem.
- If your house is using well water as the primary water source.
- This is also useful as part of the survival kit of military personnel and archeologists in their missions and explorations.
Pros and Cons
Let’s have a look at the pros and cons of the Seychelle water bottle.
- Item Weight: 0.40 pounds
- Bottle Dimension: 9.5 x 3.5 x 3.5 inches
- Color Available: Clear (transparent) and Blue
- Filter capacity: max at 100 gallons
- Filter mesh size: 0.2 micron
- Filter Type: Ionic Adsorption Micro Filtration (IAMF)
- Product Certification: EPA and FDA
- Contaminants filtered: bacteria, virus, chemicals, heavy metals, and radiation
Our Verdict: Recommended
Based on the in-depth Seychelle water bottle review above, it is one of our recommended fluoride filter water bottle. Here is why.
- It can remove 99% of viruses, bacteria, and other water contaminants. The design is compact, portable, and light on your baggage.
- The flexible and durable material used to produce the bottle proved useful in assisting the upward motion of water inside the straw.
This water filter bottle is feasible for everyone, especially for those who frequently travel, trek, and hike.