One of the flagship models for APEC is ROES 50. Just how well is the top-tier reverse osmosis system compare to its rival iSpring? We will dive into the review right away.
APEC RO-90 & RO-PH90 Review
This APEC reverse osmosis system review will be focusing on both RO-90 and RO-PH90. Here are some benefits for getting this system
Let’s explore some of the key features for this awesome filtration system.
High Production Rate
As advertised by APEC, the daily production rate can achieve up to 90 GPD at the optimum condition (60psi and 77 Deg F) and 75 GPD at 50psi.
The appearance of the system looks quite similar to the ROES-50, but it is geared with a higher capacity filtration system in it. The differences in the filter allow water to flow at a higher rate and be capable of handling a larger volume.
The RO-PH90 has an additional filter which consists of a natural way by adding calcium carbonate to neutralize the slight acidic reverse osmosis water. The pH is expected to be in the range of 8-9 which is optimum for the absorption of our body.
Long Lifespan Filters
APEC has a record of producing long lifespan filters which can lasted for a year. Similar to the ROES-50, the filter replacement for RO-90 and RO-PH90 are on a yearly basis.
Moderate Waste Water
Waste water is expected for all reverse osmosis system, including APEC reverse osmosis system. The waste water stays at a 1:3 ratio where every gallon of pure water produced, 3 gallons of water will go down to the drain. It is certainly not the best, but it is not the worst.
Below are the summarized technical specification that you should know before buying the APEC RO-90 / RO-PH90 reverse osmosis system.
- Water Pressure: 40-85 psi
- Water Temperature: 40-100 F
- Capacity: 90 gallons per day (with 60psi)
- Storage Tank Capacity: 4 gallons
- Max TDS: 2000ppm
- System Dimensions: 16″w x 17.5″h x 5.25″d
Multistage Filtration System
The APEC RO-90 (RO-PH90) is a 5 (6) stage filtration system. All it’s filters are proudly made in US. It consists of the following:
Stage 1: 5 Micron Sediment Filter – Standard 10″ Industry Grade which is capable of removing dirt, dust, particles, and rust. It is made of high-grade high capacity polypropylene which has a longer lifespan.
Stage 2 & 3: 2 Stages of Premium Extruded Carbon Block – Removes odor and taste of chlorine, VOCs, and other common chemicals that were found from the source.
Stage 4: Select FILMTEC (Dow Chemical) High Rejection TFC reverse osmosis membrane– Remove up to 99% dissolved solid such as fluoride, bacteria, lead, radium, a virus which is larger than 0.00001 micron using the membrane.
Stage 5: Advanced Coconut Shell Refining Carbon Filter – Remove odor and taste that are coming from the storage tank.
Stage 6 (Only for RO-PH90): Calcite Acidic Water Neutralizer – Increase the pH on the slight acidic reverse osmosis water by adding high-quality calcium carbonate.
Unlike the ROES-50, the carbon blocks and reverse osmosis membrane are better in quality and able to handle higher capacity. APEC’s filters are famous for it’s quality and also their long lifespan.
The installation is pretty straight forward as the installation manual is easy to understand. If you have experience in installing water filters, it should takes about an hour.
Spend some time reading the manual before you start installing as it gives you a better idea of the workflow. The diagram below gives you a great picture of how the installation and final product sits under your sink.
Tools that are required :
- • Variable speed drill
- Drill bit: 1/4” (for the waste line), 1/8” (as pilot, not mandatory), and 1/2” (for standard faucet hole, air-gap faucet requires 1&1/4” hole)
- 5/8”, 9/16” open-end wrench, or adjustable wrench, pliers
- Phillips screwdriver
- Utility knife, or scissors
- Teflon tape
APEC RO-90 and RO-PH90 use high-quality high capacity filters which is able to last for at least a year before it is required for replacement. Most of the products in the market required constant changing of filters to ensure the quality of water that was produced. Suggested replacement timeframe is shown below:
- Stage 1,2,3 Sediment and Carbon Block Filters: 1 Year
- Stage 2 Reverse Osmosis Membrane Filter: 3-5 Years (City Water) , 2-3 Years (Private Well)
- Stage 5 Post Carbon Filter: 3-5 Years
- Stage 6 Water Neutralizer Filter : 6-12 Months
On average of five years, the replacement cost is just $56 per year for RO-90 and $85 per year for RO-PH90. With the capacity and capability of this filter, the maintenance and replacement cost is considered affordable as compared to other models in its class.
The Voice From Existing Owners:
APEC RO-90 receive excellent reviews from it’s existing users. Many of them are impressed by the quality, flow rate and capacity that it can handle. Let’s see what the users talk about this system:
+ Really did a good job of reducing TDS from 208 to 008
+ Filter replacements are inexpensive
+ The tank fills up quick. I think it took less than an hour to fill up the first tank of water
– I really wish the tubs were a bit better made.
– The flimsy plastic tank valve will not hold in it’s place against the high pressurized tank
The APEC RO-90 and RO-PH90 are some of the best RO water system with alkaline remineralization. Here are some of the few reasons:
- Great Filtration: Filter up to 99% TDS that was found in the water
- High Flow Rate: It is capable of generating up 90 gallons per day of clean filtered water.
- Alkaline Remineralization: Only for RO-PH90, it uses natural remineralization stones to increase the pH of the water.
- Long Lifespan Filters: Excellent filters will last longer and lower down the maintenance cost.