Home Master or previously known as Tap Master, is a well know water filtration brand from Perfect Water Technologies.
Their best seller water filter is the under-sink reverse osmosis system TMAFC, and is also our top recommended product for drinking water filters.
Home Master has 3 main models for its whole house water filtration system which cater for different purposes.
Home Master Whole House Water Filter Review
There are more than 3 models in Home Master for the Whole House Water Filter. The following 3 models are the best seller filters for Home Master.
High Quality and Efficient Filtration System
Home Master often did the extra mile to provide customers with the best system. Some of the highlights are on the Home Master whole house water filter.
- Removes up to 95 percent of sediment, chemicals, and other contaminants that create foul tastes and odors.
- Patent Pending Steel Mounting Brackets Fits 16″ Studs.
- Massive Oversize Filter Which Improves Flow Rate.
- 95,000 Gallons Of Supported Capacity.
- 4 Separate Layer Of Sediment Filter in One Canister.
4 Different Filter cartridges.
The whole house water filters by Home Master are built with up to 3 filtration stages depending on models. It is capable of a filter as fine as 1 micron. Below are the details of 4 different filter cartridges:
Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter – Consists of 4 layers from 25, 10, 5, and 1 micron of filtration layers. Best on chemical and bacteria resistance plus leaving big particles behind.
Iron Reduction Filter – Removing iron which is mainly available in a well water source.
Granular Activated Carbon – Made from the highest grade of coconut shell, it removes chemicals, taste, and odor of chlorine.
Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85 – Removed chlorine, chloramine, and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, and irons.
It’s claimed by Home Master that its water filter is capable of removing up to 95 percent of the chemical, chlorine and sediment.
Filter Replacement and LifeSpan
Below is the suggested replacement schedule for all 4 of the filtration cartridges:
- Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter: 6 – 12 Months
- Granular Activated Carbon: 95,000 Gallons or 12 Months
- Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85: 95,000 Gallons or 12 Months
- Iron Reduction Filter: Refer to the chart below
All of the filter cartridges from Home Master is quite long-lasting and high quality to withstand on bad water conditions.
There is not much maintenance needed on the Home Master water filtration system other than changing the filter cartridge.
However, the filtration cartridge doesn’t come cheap.
- Multi-gradient Depth Polypropylene Sediment Filter : ~ $36
- Granular Activated Carbon: ~ $97
- Granular Activated Catalytic Carbon with KDF85: ~ $126
- Iron Reduction Filter: ~ $121
For the 2 stage Home Master system, it will cost you about $130 – $170 per year for filter changes while the 3 stage filter cost about $260 per year.
Annual Average Cost: $130-$260.
Installation doesn’t come easy for most of the whole house water filters. The package only includes a steel mounting bracket with bolts with the housing wrench.
Some of the extra tools that you need before installation:
- Shut off valves bypass valve
- Pipe nipples & Pipe Unions
- Pipe Hanger
- Pressure gauge or Pressure Regulator (as needed)
You can refer to the installation guide for more details on how the installation can be done before you call for a plumber.
+ High flow rate with the oversize filters.
+ Suitable for all water source
+ Filter is small in size. Easily fit in smaller house.
+ Filter replacement once a year.
– No softener includes in the filter.
Warranty: 2 years limited warranty for the system.
System Dimensions: 25”h x 24”w x 9”d
Water Pressure: PSI 20 – 100 PSI
Water Temperature: 40˚ – 100˚F
Max. Total Dissolved Solids: (TDS): 2000 ppm
Home Master whole house water filter is rated as an above average system among all other systems for the few reasons below:
- Excellent Filtration: Effectively remove 95% of contaminants can be found in the source water.
- Small Micron Rating: It has a small micron rating of 1 micron.
- Well Water Compatibility: The HMF2SMGCC and HMF3SDGFEC is capable of removing well water contaminants.
- Excellent Review: It received excellent review from it’s existing customer.